Re: [htdig] URL substitution (or other solution)

Subject: Re: [htdig] URL substitution (or other solution)
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 15:47:11 PDT

According to Bruce Fancher:
> Thanks for the responses, but I'm still having problems with this feature.
>
> I want to index everything at http://docmaster.minvdox.com/indexer/ and then
> rewrite the URLs when the search results are returned so that e.g.
> http://docmaster.mindvox.com/indexer/Insurance becomes
> http://docmaster.mindvox.com/staticpage/Insurances.
>

> So, I added the following to htdig.conf:
>
> url_part_alias: http://docmaster.mindvox.com/indexer *1
>
> I copied htdig.conf to htsearch.conf and changed the last line of the new
> file to:
>
> url_part_alias: http://docmaster.mindvox.com/staticpage *1
>
> then I did this:
>
> # htdig -c /opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf

That will just reindex new or modified pages. You need to use
# htdig -i -c /opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf
and then
# htmerge -c /opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf

> followed by:
>
> # htsearch -c /opt/www/htdig/conf/htsearch.conf
>
> Enter value for words: insurance
> (etc . . .)
> <i><a
> href="http://docmaster.mindvox.com/indexer/Insurance/">http://docmaster.mind
> vox.com/indexer/Insurance/</a></i>
> (etc . . .)
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Also, where are the paths to the config files set besides -c? Is there a
> way to have one main config file and only put the differences in seperate
> files?

They're pre-set at compile-time, in the CONFIG file (for htdig 3.1.5) or
Makefile and Makefile.config (for htdig 3.2.0b2). For htsearch, you can
also change the "config" input parameter in the search form to specify a
different .conf file in your pre-set CONFIG_DIR.

You can use the "include: file" directive to include one config file
within another, and then override any attribute you want changed. E.g.,
htsearch.conf can consist of these two lines:

include: htdig.conf
url_part_alias: http://docmaster.mindvox.com/staticpage *1