Re: [htdig] cookies and session-ids

Subject: Re: [htdig] cookies and session-ids
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 06:14:16 PDT

At 10:11 AM -0400 5/24/00, Lim Swee Tat wrote:
> I just did an implementation of a servlet web application which uses
>session data to track user information. As it is, I came to realize that
>htdig is unable to maintain cookie information. Just want to know if the
>3.2.x release of htdig is able to keep cookie information??

Not at the moment. It would be very tricky since there's really no
place to store the cookie in the database. One thought would be to
have a configuration option for a cookie request much like there is
now an authorization attribute.

Since the 3.2 code has per-server and per-url attribute blocks, you
could specify the cookie for a given group of URLs or server.