Re: [htdig] Indexing large amount of non-related files

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing large amount of non-related files
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 02:59:01 PDT

On Tuesday 23 May 2000, at 18 h 51, the keyboard of "Marcel Hicking"
<hicking@du.gtn.com> wrote:

> Anyone has experience with indexing
> a large amount of files?

My largest one is 150 000 files and growing.

> We have been using glimpse so far,

glimpse crashed when the Web server became too large. And it's non free and is no longer maintained. I miss its very small indexes (ht://Dig is good for IBM and Quantum) and its advanced request language but it was simply not up to the task.