Re: [htdig] htsearch not found

Subject: Re: [htdig] htsearch not found
From: atta dubson (dubson@palicanon.org)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 02:59:13 PDT

On Wed, 24 May 2000, IcedSoal wrote:

> i did a symbolic to /opt/www/cgi-bin from the directory where i keep
> my websites files, but everytime i try to do a search on the site it
> gives me this error
>
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/htsearch was not found on this server.
>
> and i know it's tehre, because i can manually go the the cgi-bin
> directory and from teh console type htsearch and it asks me for a word
> and i get what i want but for some reason it won't work on my page,
> help!!!!!

/opt/www/cgi-bin is probably not the directory that your web server sees
(it is created by htdig). your webserver probably sees
/home/httpd/cgi-bin as the cgi directory. search for
"ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/" in your httpd.conf file, and put htsearch in the
directory it mentions. you can probably find all your
"cgi-bin" directories with:
    # locate cgi-bin | grep cgi-bin$

with mettaa...
atta

from the dhammapada:

  All processes are impermanent. When one sees this with understanding,
  then one is disillusioned with the things of suffering. This is the Path
  of Purification. 277

http://www.palicanon.org/