[htdig] Replacing db files?

Subject: [htdig] Replacing db files?
From: David Sklar (sklar@student.net)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 09:42:39 PDT

I am running htdig on multiple machines, over the same set of data. On one
machine, I do the indexing and produce the relevant files (db.docdb,
db.metaphone.db, db.words.db, db.docs.index, and db.wordlist). I'd like to
then copy those files to the appropriate place on the other machines so they
have updated indexes. Is there a way I can "lock" htdig so that it will queue
up searches or otherwise pause while the files are being copied over? What
will the consequences be if htdig runs a search using partially-complete index
files that are in process of being copied?

-dave