Re: [htdig] compilation issue with 3.2.0b2

Subject: Re: [htdig] compilation issue with 3.2.0b2
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 09:09:30 PDT

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Ludwig Rey wrote:

> We run htdig (3.1.2) on our website ( ) for
> almost a year now, and it works like a charm. I was thinking about

I would seriously upgrade that to 3.1.5. Versions before 3.1.5 have a
serious security hole. See <> for more.

> installing 3.2, just to have a look ... There were posts last year stating
> that dublin core meta data indexing will be built-in the 3.2 version of

Uh, well... Let's just say that should say "3.2.0" and I can't make any
guarantees that the betas do anything terribly useful with DC data. For
example, you can't restrict searches to specific DC data yet.

> Making all in htlib
> "Makefile", line 327: Need an operator
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Is this a BSD make or a POSIX make (like GNU)? It sounds like I'm going to
have to bring back the autoconf make tests.