RE: [htdig] Segfault indexing a site with 3.2.0b2

Subject: RE: [htdig] Segfault indexing a site with 3.2.0b2
From: NEPOTE Charles (Neuilly Gestion) (charles.nepote@cetelem.fr)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 02:16:13 PDT

According to Geoff Hutchison:

> On Mon, 22 May 2000, NEPOTE Charles (Neuilly Gestion) wrote:
>
> > > hi, I'm having some problems indexing some pages, here is
> the error:
> > >
> > > 869:1058:6:http://dobc.unipv.it/scrineum/wight/Agen4.htm: FATAL
> > > ERROR:Compressor::get_vals invalid comptype
> > > FATAL ERROR at file:WordBitCompress.cc line:824 !!!
> > > ./rundig: line 35: 24740 Segmentation fault
> > > $BINDIR/htdig -i $opts
> > > $stats $alt
> > >
> > > I'm running rundig -v
> >

> > I had the same problem ; same error message.
> > It seems to be due to the compress process of the file wordlist.db.
>
> OK, this is an OK workaround, but what platform/compiler is
> this? This is
> definitely a bug (and hasn't been reported yet).
>
> Can you take a look at the core file with gdb and give us a backtrace?

Here it is. I hope this is what you want.
Tell me if you want more information. What informations do you need in that
case.
(Just tell me exactly what to do as I am not familiar with Linux).

1.-- From the screen
[...]
7011:7208:4:http://172.20.4.220/dircom/drc/nouveautes/plancom10/octobre/_vti
_cnf
/WS_FTP.LOG: FATAL ERROR:Compressor::get_vals invalid comptype
FATAL ERROR at file:WordBitCompress.cc line:824 !!!
/opt/www/bin//rundig: line 36: 30481 Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
$BIND
IR/htdig -i $opts $stats $alt
htmerge: 10
[...]

2. -- From gdb
[root@nepotage htdig]# gdb --core=core
GNU gdb 19991116
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux".
Core was generated by `/opt/www/bin/htdig -i -v -s'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Erreur de segmentation.
#0 0x400a436f in ?? ()
(gdb)

Charles NÚpote.