[htdig] htdig-3.2.0b2 install

Subject: [htdig] htdig-3.2.0b2 install
From: Jeff Hill (jhill@hronline.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 11:27:32 PDT

Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> (I'm not sure why you would have difficulties with 3.2.0b2...)

My problems were in configuring and testing 3.2.0b2 for my system, not
really any fault with 3.2.0b2 that I can see. Installed cleanly on
Debian potato (2.2.15 kernel patched w/RAID).

I am just trying to figure out why db.words.db would drop from 675MB in
version b1 to 124MB in b2 (b2 _seems_ to have indexed the entire server,
but . . . ).

As well, it took quite a while to do a full dig and merge -- just over
eight hours on a PII400 w/512MB RAM and U2W disk system with hardly any
load on it. With 3.1.x, I used to create a completely new set of
databases each week rather than update them as I understood it improved
htsearch performance. I'm assuming that would be true with 3.2.0b2?

Regards and thanks again for an excellent program. The combination of
the new HtDig with PHP3 wrapper is terrific.

Jeff Hill