Re: [htdig] indexing pages the begin with numbers

Subject: Re: [htdig] indexing pages the begin with numbers
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 11:08:16 PDT

Evan Cooch wrote:

> I'm using HyperNews to manage several online discussion forums, and would
> like to configure htDig to search through the forum pages. However,
> Hypernews stores a lot of things as .HTML files beginning with a number (in
> fact, just as numbers, files like 1.html, 2.html, 3.html and so on, with
> directories also named as numbers - for example 1/2/12.html). It doesn't
> seem as if htDig is actually indexing ANY of the files that being with a
> number.
>
> I think I need to add the allow_number option to some configuration file
> somewhere - but since I'm new to htDig, haven't been able to figure out
> where (htdig.conf?), or the precsie syntax for setting it equal to 'true'.

No. The effect of the "allow_numbers" attributes is to treat numeric
values as searchable words.

I have not experienced any problems with Ht://Dig indexing numbered
documents.
I rather assume, that the documents are not linked "correctly" (i.e. use
client
side scripting or forms to refer to another document) or excluded from
spidering
by the robots.txt of the site or robots meta tags in some document.

cheers,

  Torsten