[htdig] indexing pages the begin with numbers

Subject: [htdig] indexing pages the begin with numbers
From: Evan Cooch (evan.cooch@cornell.edu)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 10:03:43 PDT

I'm using HyperNews to manage several online discussion forums, and would
like to configure htDig to search through the forum pages. However,
Hypernews stores a lot of things as .HTML files beginning with a number (in
fact, just as numbers, files like 1.html, 2.html, 3.html and so on, with
directories also named as numbers - for example 1/2/12.html). It doesn't
seem as if htDig is actually indexing ANY of the files that being with a
number.

I think I need to add the allow_number option to some configuration file
somewhere - but since I'm new to htDig, haven't been able to figure out
where (htdig.conf?), or the precsie syntax for setting it equal to 'true'.

Also, I'm guessing that this is all I need to do. If not, I'd appreciate
the correct approach to this!

Thanks!

Evan Cooch e.mail: evan.cooch@cornell.edu
Department of Natural Resources voice: 607-255-1368
Fernow Hall - Cornell University FAX: 607-255-8837
Ithaca, NY 14853 http://canuck.dnr.cornell.edu