Re: [htdig] Weird endings problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] Weird endings problem
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 16:30:07 PDT

At 4:02 PM -0500 5/19/00, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>much out. Just a simple guess, though: did you try removing any old
>word2root.db or root2word.db files before running htfuzzy endings? It may
>be a problem with an existing database, rather than an affix file problem.

Alas, Gilles is wrong here. The htfuzzy program will make the endings
databases without taking any look at old databases, so this won't be
a problem.

I haven't taken a look at the spanish.aff file, but I will take a
look at the code and see if there's enough error-checking. It's
possible an empty string was generated as a key and this should be
ignored before it ever gets to the database.

If it managed to build the databases I'm sure they're OK. These
messages are really more debugging output or warnings than errors.

Thanks for the report though, you probably found a bug.