Re: [htdig] Weird endings problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] Weird endings problem
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 14:02:18 PDT

According to Alexey Rodriguez:
> Then i run htdig, after that i run htfuzzy endings and i had
> several "DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified" while it
> was building root2word and word2root databases.
> It is maybe a broken spanish.aff
> I am checking the source code as well as the ispell files to
> understand what's going on.
> If someone can help me please download the file:
> http://pascal.dicyt.umss.edu.bo/espa~nol.aff.gz

I regret that I don't have the time to look into this. I don't understand
affix files and the endings algorithm enough right now to be able to figure
much out. Just a simple guess, though: did you try removing any old
word2root.db or root2word.db files before running htfuzzy endings? It may
be a problem with an existing database, rather than an affix file problem.