[htdig] maximum_pages

Subject: [htdig] maximum_pages
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 00:17:31 PDT

Hi - Mainly a curiosity question here. Just had a user ask why they
couldn't go past the first ten pages of results. I know this can be bumped
up via maximum_pages, and that the default is 10. But I was wondering if
there was actually a reason for the default limit of 10 or whether it was
just an arbitrary choice. I can't imagine there would be any performance
issues involved, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong ;)

Also, is there a setting that will simply turn off the maximum, or do I
just need to go with the "really big number" approach.

Jim