[htdig] htmerge: Deleted, no excerpt problem

Subject: [htdig] htmerge: Deleted, no excerpt problem
From: Andre Dalle (adalle@freenet.carleton.ca)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 23:02:06 PDT

Chunks of our web site are failing to index due to being
dropped by htmerge.

I upgraded to ht://dig 3.1.5 but there is no change in behaviour
relating to this particular problem, although I do appreciate many
of the smart new features like local filesystem access!

I have checked the mailing list archives, and am sure the usual
suggested problems are not at fault..

- robots.txt does not exclude the file (htdig should have never indexed
it in the first place if that was the case?)
- server_max_docs is not in use and is definitely not at fault
- no 'noindex' or robot meta-tag in the html files
- there are keyword/description tags as well as plenty of text to search

I am at a loss and otherwise I am very pleased with ht://dig - I will include
a sample htdig/htmerge run on a small part of the website and I dearly
hope that someone can shed some light on my problem!

Note also I am using large header/document limits as well - I don't think I'm
hitting any sort of configured limit at all; I've been through the documentation
and I can find no fault in my setup, which is basically the stock htdig.conf
with some of the default limits bumped up. I will attach the file just in case.

Feel free to GET http://www.ncf.ca/rapa/index.html.

I even removed /robots.txt for this run just to be sure ..

Initial HTDIG run:

htdig# ./htdig -i -a -v -s

 New server: www.ncf.ca, 80
 0:0:0:http://www.ncf.ca/rapa: redirect