Re: [htdig] Error when linking on Alpha server

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error when linking on Alpha server
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 09:58:52 PDT

According to Eric Litot:
> Sorry disturbing you again but my trouble remains and all I tried failed.
> For example, I have modified the Makefile.config file in adding the -lc
> library reference, then the -lresolv one, without any success.
> What is strange is that I already compiled the 3.1.5 htdig packages with
> success tree months ago ! The server administrator maintains that nothing
> has been modified on the server I am compiling on (!?).

I think you meant 3.1.4, as 3.1.5 wasn't out three months ago.
The strange thing is, none of the ./configure script or makefiles
have changed between those versions. If you can compare your 3.1.4
Makefile.config to the one in your 3.1.5 Makefile.config, it may help to
find out what's missing. If they're the same, then it must be something
else on your system that's missing or moved. Adding -lc to LIBS won't
usually make a difference, because the C library is searched by default.
You may need to add some -L options (and perhaps -R options too) if your
libraries are in non-standard locations.

Only htdig uses these functions. That's why make -i was able to build
all the other executables.