Re: [htdig] Error when linking on Alpha server

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error when linking on Alpha server
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 06:27:27 PDT

At 10:51 AM +0200 5/18/00, Eric Litot wrote:
>To temporary bypass this trouble, could I use the last package I have set-up
>? That means, could I copy the different directories and files from a server
>to an other ? What are the modifications I have to implement to make this
>old package run on its new location (htdig.conf to modify) ?

Yes, you could probably copy the directories over. If the paths
change, you will want to edit the htdig.conf and put in things like
database_dir (and a lot of other _dir attributes).

At 12:14 PM +0200 5/18/00, Eric Litot wrote:
>In addition to my previous messages, I launched the make -i
>command. All the executables have been compiled except the
>htdig one.

This is good news--the real pain to compile is htsearch since it must
compile in the path to your config directory. The rest of the
programs, you can easily use the -c flag to point them at other
config files.