[htdig] SORT and locale

Subject: [htdig] SORT and locale
From: NEPOTE Charles (Neuilly Gestion) (charles.nepote@cetelem.fr)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 07:36:18 PDT

Thanks for Pablo and DindinX's help [Mandrake].
Thanks also for Gilles's help [htdig].

Ok.

when (under bash ; Linux Mandrake 7.0 ; LANG, LOCALE, etc. =fr) I :

sort +0 -1 db.wordlist

which contains :

essai i:1
tué i:1
test i:1
tue i:1
test i:2
tué i:2
essai i:2
tue i:2

I now obtain :

essai i:1
essai i:2
test i:1
test i:2
tue i:1
tue i:2
tué i:1
tué i:2

(is it OK and normal ?)

[For the htdig list]
I understand that ht://Dig is based on the Gnu sort command.
Is it possible to change the "sort" call of htmerge to get the result as
above ?
I think, but I am not sure, that it won't change anything for english
language, but will help for other languages -- at least all languages based
on ISO-8859 I guess.
Or is it possible to separate sorting and merging ?

A question remain. As I understand, not only me, but all users of ht://Dig
who index accented characters should have this problem...
Can someone confirm ?

Charles Népote.