Re: [htdig] Error when linking

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error when linking
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 06:15:11 PDT

At 2:40 PM +0200 5/17/00, Eric Litot wrote:
>/usr/bin/ld:
>Unresolved:
>inet_addr(char const *)
>gethostbyname(char const *)
>getservbyname(char const *, char const *)
>gethostbyaddr(char const *, int, int)
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[snip]
>Do I have to manualy modify the Makefile.config file and to add the
>libraries names and pathes ? Is this error could occur after a
>server modification I didn't be informed to ?

Strange. The configure script should pick up the right libraries.
What library do you have gethostbyname in? What OS/version are you
running on this Alpha?

If the configure script hasn't picked up the libraries, you will have
to manually adjust the top-level Makefile.config and add in the
missing libraries.