Re: [htdig] Accent problem.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Accent problem.
From: Dave Lers (dave@dalrun.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 22:15:38 PDT

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> It's been reported that the Red Hat RPMs on www.htdig.org do NOT work
> correctly on Mandrake systems.

I looked up my original post on this. In my experience the Redhat rpm
appeared to work fine w/ Mandrake but the 'consider re-linking' errors in
my logs bugged me. I believe Geoff suggested the src.rpm rebuild as a solution
(it was). I think I recently said the Redhat rpm didn't work on Mandrake, my
apologies for the overstatement.

The following is from a post back in March.

Httpd errors (searching):

htsearch: Symbol `__vt_3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
htsearch: Symbol `__vt_7istream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
htsearch: Symbol `__vt_8ifstream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

Cron errors (indexing):

/usr/sbin/htdig: Symbol `__vt_3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htdig: Symbol `__vt_7istream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htdig: Symbol `__vt_8ifstream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htmerge: Symbol `__vt_3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htmerge: Symbol `__vt_7istream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htmerge: Symbol `__vt_8ifstream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htnotify: Symbol `__vt_3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htnotify: Symbol `__vt_7istream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/sbin/htnotify: Symbol `__vt_8ifstream.3ios' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking