[htdig] Bilingual searches?

Subject: [htdig] Bilingual searches?
From: Shad Young (shad@quotationlocation.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 05:58:28 PDT

I have a large bilingual site. I would like to index and allow the users
to be able to search in either french or english from the same search
page, and have either french only or english only returns.

each subsite has a directory strusture such as

/serverroot/subsite1/english
/serverroot/subsite1/french
/serverroot/subsite2/english
/serverroot/subsite2/french

Files in '/serverroot/' are bilingual. How do I index each language
subsite separately, then how do I add the english/french option to the
bilingual search page that will return a unilingual result?

Is the separate conf file called by the search form from within it's
post string?

TIA
Shad

--
"Fear is the foundation of obedience." Vladimir Lenin
"Without fanaticism one cannot accomplish anything." Evita Peron