[htdig] A few points.

Subject: [htdig] A few points.
From: gil cohen (cohengil4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 15:22:37 PDT

I have two questions:

Is there any way to benchmark htdig? Performance seems to degrade as it
crawls through more and more URLs. I've tried to use db.urls as a way to
benchmark, but I realize it's too inaccurate because the URLs that are in
there were just "seen," htdig wasn't there.

If it is true that htdig slows down after a while, do any of you know anyway
to make it faster? (I honestly don't care about the searching use for htdig.
All I'm using it for is getting a list of unique URLs from a site, and
passing it through my parser)