[htdig] date info in db

Subject: [htdig] date info in db
From: Retrogusto@aol.com
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 14:39:10 PDT

Hello-

I'm using htdig to index/search a database of .pdf files. It was all set up
recently, and all of the files were uploaded at once, so when a search is
done all of the results list a date of 29-Apr-00, although the documents were
created on different dates, and the dates are an important factor in
evaluating the importance of the various documents.

I am hoping that there is a way of changing the date info in the htdig
database to reflect the date on which each document was created. It seems
that a flie called db.docdb contains this information. Should I download
this as simple text and change the individual date listings in this file,
then upload it? Is this possible? Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Brenden Hussey