Re: [htdig] Error when executing rundig (with xpdf-0.90 package)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error when executing rundig (with xpdf-0.90 package)
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 07:41:21 PDT

According to dduda@gmx.de:
> Receiving this when executing rundig
> Error (11663): Illegal character <2f> in hex string
> Error (11663): Illegal character <29> in hex string
> Error: Unterminated hex string
> Error: Unknown operator 'TeTeT65.'
> Error: Dictionary key must be a name object
> Error: End of file inside dictionary
> Error: Leftover args in content stream
>
> I did not find any help to this in the htdig-website - sorry

I assume you've configured parse_doc.pl, conv_doc.pl or doc2html.pl as an
external parser or converter, and the error messages come from pdftotext.
I'd suggest running "rundig -v" or "htdig -vi" to see which PDF file is
causing the problem. Once you've found it, you can try running xpdf and/or
pdftotext directly on that PDF, to confirm it's the problem. If it is, maybe
you can take measures to repair it or regenerate it, or just exclude it from
the indexing run if you can't get it to work.