[htdig] Compiling Help in Mandrake 7.0

Subject: [htdig] Compiling Help in Mandrake 7.0
From: James McLaughlin (katana@montrose.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:14:46 PDT

When I goto congifure htdig I get the error listed below.

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
create executables.

I sent this to some other mailing lists and was told to: "Try reinstalling
the libsdc++ and libsdc++-devel RPMs...."

If this is what it looks like I need..can someone point me to where I may
find the links for this. I looked on www.rpmfind.net but did not find the
libsdc++ or -devl rpms. Would it be easier to use the source?

Thanks in Advance

Katana