Re: [htdig] Htdig unable to read link

Subject: Re: [htdig] Htdig unable to read link
From: Chad Phillips (gphillip@aafp.org)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:02:14 PDT

I ran htdig with -vvvv . I first got this error:
  Header line: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
  Header line: Server: Netscape-Enterprise/4.1
(but netscape/IE seemed to be fine, but lynx would give 500 Server Error)

I made some changes to my java code and got rid of the 500 Server Error. This is what I get now:
Header line:
Discarded header line:
Header line:
Discarded header line:
Header line: <html>
Discarded header line: <html>
Header line: <head>
Discarded header line: <head>
Discarded header line: Attacks</LI>
Header line: </UL>
Discarded header line: </UL>
No modification time returned: assuming now
Request time: 0 secs
. no header
Deleted, not found ID: 3 URL: http://www.aafp.org/servlet/mntPress2?prhtml=press_list_pub&actioncode=list&category=press

thanks
chad

At 10:49 PM -0500 5/5/00, Chad Phillips wrote:
>I tried htdig 3.15 and 3.2b . The start url is just the url to the
>servlet. The rest of the config file is pretty much default. I
>found a copy of my old java code and htdig works fine with it. I
>added a flush statement, and made a change to the server so that it
>adds a header to each page.
>
>Htdig may be fine, the problem may be on my end. It is just wierd
>that the URL works fine with IE and Netscape but not htdig.

This could be a timing issue, but it's probably easier to
diagnose/debug from your Java code than from the shell. You might try
turning on some verbose flags with htdig to see the HTTP headers--do
you get any from the server?

e.g. htdig -vvv