Re: [htdig] Implement an htdig-like feature

Subject: Re: [htdig] Implement an htdig-like feature
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 06:40:04 PDT

At 10:55 PM -0400 5/10/00, Carey Bunks wrote:
>using htdig. I was wondering if someone could point me to the
>algorithm which describes how the list of words are generated from the
>initial key. I already know about stemming and Porter's algorithm, but
>this doesn't seem like the right approach.

See the htfuzzy directory. In ht://Dig's case, the endings algorithm
you describe requires you to create two databases for mapping word to
roots and then roots to words. You'll want to see the Endings* files
in particular.

You may also find the Synonyms algorithm to your liking.

Remember (of course) that ht://Dig is licensed under the GPL. Judging
from your domain name, this doesn't seem to be a likely problem. :-)