Re: [htdig] indexing pdf files

Subject: Re: [htdig] indexing pdf files
From: David Robley (huntsman@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 18:10:51 PDT

On 10 May, Sid Wilroy wrote:
> I've spend the whole day trying...
> This is what I have in my htdig.conf file
>
> external_parsers: application/pdf /export/home/htdig/bin/parse_doc.pl
>
> This is what I have in my parse_doc.pl
>
> $CATPDF = /export/home/xpdf/bin/pdftotext";
> $PDFINFO = "/export/home/xdpf/bin/pdfinfo";
> $CATPDF = "/export/home/xpdf/bin/pdftotext";
> $PDFINFO = "/export/home/xpdf/bin/pdfinfo";
>
> I'm getting errors when I run $rundig

<SNIP list of errors>

If the above is _exactly_ what is in parse_doc.pl, you might try adding
the opening double quote for the value of $CATPDF. The lack thereof may
be enough to annoy PERL :-)

Cheers

--
David Robley                        | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES  | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/