Re: [htdig] unknown locale, but really strange, not the normal problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] unknown locale, but really strange, not the normal problem
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 14:36:19 PDT

According to Albert Kasper:
> Well, it worked for de_DE (same does for en_US e.g.).
>
> ----cut---
> 249 0xF9: -al-n--gt---?
> 250 0xFA: -al-n--gt---?
> 251 0xFB: -al-n--gt---?
> ----cut---
>
> All other characters you mentioned are that way, too.
> Config file for htdig is ok, too (there is only one on the system, and it is
> used for sure, because changes on the config file have effect, e.g. new
> wrapper file or sth. like that).
> Any more ideas?

Not really. I can't reproduce the problem on Red Hat 6.1, and I don't have
access to a 6.2 system now to try it there. Just a thought, but maybe you
should check for things like trailing spaces on the locale definition line,
or any other superfluous characters that might throw off htdig. Otherwise,
I'm out of guesses. It certainly seems that the locale definitions are
correct on your system, so I can't imagine why htdig says it's unknown.