Re: [htdig] Q: htdig-3.1.5 & allow_in_form feature

Subject: Re: [htdig] Q: htdig-3.1.5 & allow_in_form feature
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 13:27:00 PDT

According to Johannes_Lorenz@mn.man.de:
> i have some trouble to get the feature "allow_in_form search_algorithm" working.
> I would likely use this feature, so users can choose different search algorithms
> from a drop-down menu within their html search form.
>
> Is this feature not yet implemented in htdig 3.1.5 or i'm missing something
> special in my configuration?

Nothing special is required in the configuration file, but you do need a
colon (:) for any attribute definition in the file. Thus, you should have

allow_in_form: search_algorithm

in your configuration file, and define the drop-down menu in your search.html.
If you want the selected value to be propagated to the follow-up search forms
in nomatch.html, syntax.html and header.html (or wrapper.html), you should
read up on

http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#build_select_lists