[htdig] Small db.docs.index.work files.

Subject: [htdig] Small db.docs.index.work files.
From: Terry Witherspoon (withers_t@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 15:53:33 PDT

  Hi,

I've been running a search against about 100 sites. The search
runs for about 45 hours before succesfully shutting down. At the
end of my search I have .work files that look reasonable in
size except for the db.docs.index.work file which is only
2048 bytes in size. The databases produced are unsearchable.
The only thing I can see is that this one file seems to be
very small. Can anyone shed light on this? I'm running a
FreeBSD 3.2 machine with HTDIG 3.1.5. I run

   htdig -i -v -s -a and then
   htmerge -v -s -a

Usually htmerge takes an hour or so to run..In this case it's
taking about 20 minutes. ANy insight is welcome. Thanks, tw