[htdig] Can one htmerge twice etc ?

Subject: [htdig] Can one htmerge twice etc ?
From: Peter L. Peres (plp@actcom.co.il)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 17:28:23 PDT

Hi,

what is the policy on htdig, htmerge, htfuzzy. Most specifically, what is
the allowed call order ? Can one run htdig, then run htmerge twice ? Will
that affect something ? I am trying to understand how I trashed the
databases. In other words, what is the dependency chart of htdig, htmerge,
and htfuzzy. Which files do they generate and which files do they consume.
Do they need to be run exactly once each, in a specific order, or can one
delay the other runs (and live with more than one run of some).

So far I understand that one can run htdig (-ils) then run htmerge, maybe
run htmerge again (if one runs out of disk space), then htfuzzy, then
htsearch as usual. Wrong ?

thanks,

        Peter