Re: [htdig] Portuguese

Subject: Re: [htdig] Portuguese
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 14:49:31 PDT

According to Rodrigo Luiz Anami:
> Look the output of your program. It means that my locale doesn't work, does
> it ?

> 192 0xC0: ----------c--

Yes, characters 192 through 255 (except 215 & 247) should be accented
letters, but the program treats them as control characters. I forgot
to mention that you must give the locale as an argument to the program,
or set the LOCALE environment variable, for this program to use it.
If you did one of these, and got the results above, the locale doesn't
work, so try others until you find one that does. If none work, you're
probably out of luck.