Re: [htdig] Suse 6.2 + symlinks + htdig 3.1.5

Subject: Re: [htdig] Suse 6.2 + symlinks + htdig 3.1.5
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 13:39:41 PDT

According to Peter L. Peres:
> I will get my act together and post complete docs next time. And the
> patch. Btw, the patch only affects the Retriever class in htdig. I have
> verified that the patched build htsearch and the unpatched htsearch are
> identical by binary diff (only the date etc are different).

Did you verify that the patched build of htmerge is also identical to the
unpatched htmerge? If only the Retriever class is affected by your patch,
then htmerge should also be unchanged. I ask this because it is htmerge
which generates the db.words.db database on which htsearch seems to be
choking. Have you also made absolutely sure that htmerge has run to
completion before you attempt an htsearch? Are results consistent if
you wipe out the database and rebuild it from scratch, using your patched
htdig and either htmerge binary? Just a few things to try out this
weekend. I'll check in on Monday.

P.S., Peter, your return address looks OK now.