[htdig] unknown locale, but really strange, not the normal problem

Subject: [htdig] unknown locale, but really strange, not the normal problem
From: Albert Kasper (a.kasper@gmx.at)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 08:34:35 PDT

Hi,

I'm using htdig on my site and want to enable search for umlauts.
System is Red Hat Linux 6.2

Directory /usr/share/locale exists, sub-Directory "de_DE", too.
-----
ls /usr/share/locale/de_DE
LC_COLLATE LC_CTYPE LC_MESSAGES LC_MONETARY LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME
-----

So this should be fine, too.
I inserted in the conf-file the line "locale: de_DE", which should work
fine.
However, he still says "unknown locale"
So i'm quite desperated, since the locale exists on my system.
Any hints?