Re: [htdig] Problems compiling / using htdig with Mandrake 6.1

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problems compiling / using htdig with Mandrake 6.1
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 08:06:02 PDT

According to David Robley:
> This is a wild guess - but is it possible that rundig has somehow
> acquired DOS end of line characters? I've known this to do weird things
> in shell scripts.
>
> Open it with vi and see if there are ^M characters at the end of each
> line - if so, delete them and try again.

If your installed "vi" command is actually "vim", it won't show the ^M
at the end of each line, if all lines have it. This is to facilitate
editing of DOS/Windows files under Linux. So, you may have to use
"cat -v rundig" to see if there are ^M characters. They can be stripped
using "mv rundig rundig.old; tr -d '\015' < rundig.old > rundig".