Re: [htdig] search questions

Subject: Re: [htdig] search questions
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:56:24 PDT

At 1:03 PM -0400 5/3/00, Jens Gregor wrote:
>1) Is it possible to have blurbs for *all* word matches within a
> single document listed in the results page instead of just the
> first one? If so, how does one do that?

Not at the moment. There is a patch to have multiple excerpts given,
but this doesn't really do what you want. If I understand correctly,
you'd really like to see the original page with the matching words
highlighted? If so, you'll need something outside of ht://Dig to do
it.

>2) Is it possible to specify that only whitespace should be
> between two or more search words? For example, a search
> for "find this" should rank documents that contain these two
> words located close together higher than documents in which
> the two words are far apart.

Most people call this "phrase" or "exact" searching. See the FAQ:
<http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q1.9>

Cheers,