Re: [htdig] Problems compiling / using htdig with Mandrake 6.1

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problems compiling / using htdig with Mandrake 6.1
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 09:57:49 PDT

According to Flos:
> I'm a French Linux newbie so please excuse the English mistakes.
>
> I am trying to install htdig (from htdig-3.1.5.tar.gz) on a server with
> Mandrake 6.1. The ./configure, make and make install steps were excutes
> without errors.
>
> However, when I try to run rundig (using ./rundig or sh rundig), I get
> errors. Transcript follows, I translated the French warnings at the
> bottom of the message :
> ----
> [root@darpminet sovignef]# cd /opt/www/htdig/
> [root@darpminet htdig]# ls
> bin common conf db
> [root@darpminet htdig]# cd bin/
> [root@darpminet bin]# ls
> htdig htfuzzy htmerge htnotify rundig
> [root@darpminet bin]# ./rundig
> bash: ./rundig: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
> [root@darpminet bin]# sh rundig
> : command not found
> : command not found
> 'undig: line 18: syntax error near unexpected token `do
> 'undig: line 18: `do
> [root@darpminet bin]#
> ----
> bash: ./rundig: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type -> means no such
> files or directory
>
> I would be very grateful is someone could give me a clue as to what to
> try next.

This is very strange, but it seems to me as though your installed rundig
script is corrupt, or there's something very strange about your shell.
The script is rather standard Bourne shell syntax, so I can't see any
good reason for getting syntax errors. You can always try repairing the
script if it's messed up, or you can manually run the commands it usually
runs. These are "htdig -i", "htmerge", "htnotify", and for the first run
"htfuzzy endings" and "htfuzzy synonyms".