[htdig] Problems compiling / using htdig with Mandrake 6.1

Subject: [htdig] Problems compiling / using htdig with Mandrake 6.1
From: Flos (flos@cybercable.fr)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 06:56:26 PDT

I'm a French Linux newbie so please excuse the English mistakes.

I am trying to install htdig (from htdig-3.1.5.tar.gz) on a server with
Mandrake 6.1. The ./configure, make and make install steps were excutes
without errors.

However, when I try to run rundig (using ./rundig or sh rundig), I get
errors. Transcript follows, I translated the French warnings at the
bottom of the message :

----
[root@darpminet sovignef]# cd /opt/www/htdig/
[root@darpminet htdig]# ls
bin  common  conf  db
[root@darpminet htdig]# cd bin/
[root@darpminet bin]# ls
htdig  htfuzzy  htmerge  htnotify  rundig
[root@darpminet bin]# ./rundig
bash: ./rundig: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
[root@darpminet bin]# sh rundig
: command not found
: command not found
'undig: line 18: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'undig: line 18: `do
[root@darpminet bin]#
----
bash: ./rundig: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type -> means no such
files or directory

I would be very grateful is someone could give me a clue as to what to try next.

Flos.