Re: [htdig] restricting urls and the html templates

Subject: Re: [htdig] restricting urls and the html templates
From: atta dubson (dubson@palicanon.org)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 01:27:44 PDT

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Dave Lers wrote:

> > what i want to do is have a restrict option box on my search pages which
> > users can use to restrict to certain web sites,
>
> I'm going to guess that plain old HTML is going to do what you want.
>
> <select name="restrict">
> <option value="",selected>all sites</option>
> <option value="www.foo.org">www.foo.org</option>
> <option value="www.bar.org">www.bar.org</option>
> <option value="www.baz.org">www.baz.org</option>
> <select>

nope, the above will have "" selected after every search, and the user
will have to reselect the desired website on new searches.
i have similar to the above, but with
    <option value="$&(RESTRICT)" selected>$RESTRICT
for now, but that adds a duplicate line to the options (which i think is
ugly).

thanks...
atta

from the dhammapada:

  When a bhikkhu applies himself when still young to the religion of the
  Buddha, he illuminates the world, like the moon breaking breaking away
  from a cloud. 382

http://www.palicanon.org/