Re: [htdig] Suse 6.2 + htdig 3.1.5: looping again

Subject: Re: [htdig] Suse 6.2 + htdig 3.1.5: looping again
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 11:35:33 PDT

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> OK, so I see double, and 'less' does too, since I've been using it to look
> at the log (search). Look, I'm new to htdig, so please bear with me here.

OK, so why don't you send us the list that you're referring to and as many
details as you can about what the list is and your configuration (i.e. how
do you run htdig and what is your htdig.conf and version of htdig). I'm
really not quite sure what you mean by "log(search)."

> While it is always possible that I made a mistake somewhere, it is not so
> likely anymore after 6 runs or so. Maybe I am exceeding the tiny machine's
> limits where I run this and some obscure libc or db bug is causing this.

IMHO, this is a bit unlikely. Older versions of ht://Dig had problems with
database corruption and leaving in duplicates, but AFAIK, all of these
bugs have been fixed in 3.1.5. Granted, if you indexed with an older
version and are updating these corrupted databases with 3.1.5, it won't
fix the problem.

I'm just saying I don't understand where the problem could happen.
Remeber, we can't reproduce what you're seeing. One way or another we'd
like to fix things.

> So there is a bug in there, but where ? What makes this part of the tree
> different from all others ? Apache has fancy indexing turned on.

Good question. If you try to index *just* this directory, do you see
anything funny?

Cheers,