Re: [htdig] Latin documents (fwd)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Latin documents (fwd)
From: Alexey Rodriguez (alexey@dicyt.umss.edu.bo)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 09:36:32 PDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:14:22 +0000 (UTC)
From: Alexey Rodriguez <alexey@pascal.dicyt.umss.edu.bo>
To: Andoni Ayala <aayala@virtualcom.es>
Subject: Re: [htdig] Latin documents

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Andoni Ayala wrote:

> Hola
>
> Veo que hablas de buscar palabras en español, yo soy de España y me
> encuentro con el mismo problema.
>
> He revisado el FAQ y he cambiado la variable locale en la configuracion
> poniendo es_ES pero me sigue cortando las palabras
>
> ¿has conseguido solucionarlo? ¿como?
>
> Gracias
>

> Geoff Hutchison escribió:
> >
> > On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Alexey Rodriguez wrote:
> >
> > > I am having problems to index documents with latin letters. For
> > > example the word "matem&aacute;ticas" is split in two.
> > > Is there an option to the configuration file to enable it?
> >
> > See the FAQ: <http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q5.8>
> >
> > --
> > -Geoff Hutchison
> > Williams Students Online
> > http://wso.williams.edu/

> > You will receive a message to confirm this.

Andoni:

        Voy a contestarte en inglés para que todos en la lista de
discusión puedan entender.
        htdig is workind fine for me with es_ES locale. Once you have it
working do not forget to install spanish dictionaries. I have adapted a
spanish ispell dictionary for that purpose. I'll make it available to you
for two days at ftp://pascal.dicyt.umss.edu.bo/pub/di.tgz .
        It has an example htdig.conf that i use at my site.
        BTW, the dictionaries i use were obtanied from
ftp://ftp.fi.upm.es/pub/unix/espa~nol.tar.gz

                                        Alexey