Re: [htdig] How to find all doc which content "word and word2"?

Subject: Re: [htdig] How to find all doc which content "word and word2"?
From: Thierry Herve (
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 07:06:37 PDT

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> At 11:36 AM +0200 4/27/00, Thierry Herve wrote:
> >Actually, I index my site with htdig. If I make search with keyword,
> >for example, "TMN and CR", htdig found all doc which content TMN and
> >CR words both but it also find all docs which content TMN word only
> >and all docs which content CR word only.
> I think you have set match_method to "any" or "or" because the
> default will include all words and will do what you want. One note:
> if you have not set minimum_word_length, then CR will be ignored
> because it is smaller than the default (3).

In fact, I don't use htdig in standard use (from web server) because I
have not roght access to install it. Then I use it from command line. I
use the following script :

     #! /bin/sh -f

     for token in $inputLine

     export REQUEST_METHOD='GET'

     echo $QUERY_STRING

     $dirHtSearch/htsearch > $searchResultFile
     $dirNetscape/netscape -remote 'openURL(
     file:'${searchResultFile}' )'

but, this is no important to me for the moment.

here, I give the CGI URL (I don't know exactly his name). The
match_method I used is boolean.

Thank's for minimum_word_length info. I re-build my data base.