Re: [htdig] htdig and PHP

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig and PHP
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 06:17:41 PDT

At 11:43 AM +0200 4/27/00, Messerschmidt wrote:
>We read that htdig is using a db2-database-engine. So we tried to
>get connection by a db2-server without success.

No, I think you have mixed up the IBM DB2 database server and the
Berkeley DB version 2 that ht://Dig uses.

>Is there a possibillity to configure the search-results by PHP,
>Perl, ASP or anything else???

Sure. You don't really want to "connect" to the databases--it's much
easier to write a "wrapper" around htsearch. In the case of PHP, you
might want to see the excellent article by Colin Viebrock at

There are also several PHP wrappers and Perl wrappers in the contrib/
directory that comes with your source distribtion and on