Re: [htdig] htdig and PHP

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig and PHP
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 06:17:41 PDT

At 11:43 AM +0200 4/27/00, Messerschmidt wrote:
>We read that htdig is using a db2-database-engine. So we tried to
>get connection by a db2-server without success.

No, I think you have mixed up the IBM DB2 database server and the
Berkeley DB version 2 that ht://Dig uses.

>Is there a possibillity to configure the search-results by PHP,
>Perl, ASP or anything else???

Sure. You don't really want to "connect" to the databases--it's much
easier to write a "wrapper" around htsearch. In the case of PHP, you
might want to see the excellent article by Colin Viebrock at
<http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/search/>

There are also several PHP wrappers and Perl wrappers in the contrib/
directory that comes with your source distribtion and on
<http://www.htdig.org/contrib/>

Cheers,