[htdig] Suse long run: htmerge stats: questions

Subject: [htdig] Suse long run: htmerge stats: questions
From: Peter L. Peres (plp@actcom.co.il)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 00:32:39 PDT

Hi,

I have run htmerge on the database output from htsearch. It seems to me
that I have run out of disk space at some point. Can smb. please clarify
the following warnings and/or error messages:

DB2 problem...: /usr/mnt/hdc3/opt/htdig/db/db.words.db: write failed for
page 109997
DB2 problem...: unable to create/retrieve page 110014
DB2 problem...: /usr/mnt/hdc3/opt/htdig/db/db.words.db: close: 1 blocks
left pinned

htmerge: Total word count: 506608
htmerge: 44730
htmerge: Total documents: 44734
htmerge: Total doc db size (in K): 424640

real 118m47.615s
user 83m34.640s
sys 13m56.290s

Obviously I ran htmerge with time. What is 'pinned', and are pages
actually disk access failures ? The db lives on a 1G partition that is now
65% full (with the database). Should I give it more space ? Should I run
htmerge again with more space ?

thanks,

        Peter