Re: [htdig] Suse long run: done, problem solved

Subject: Re: [htdig] Suse long run: done, problem solved
From: David Robley (
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 20:17:02 PDT

On 26 Apr, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, David Robley wrote:
>> I think I've come across this sort of problem when trying to index a
>> series of documents that have a lot of internal references (A
>> HREF="#target"> and htdig tries to follow each of these links, ending up
>> going in ever decreasing circles until....
>> My solution was to add something like html# to the exclude_urls list.
> I know of no way that this could happen in the current (production) code.
> If it sees a URL with only a #, it ignores it.
> If you can give me a reproducible example, I'll eat my words. Until then,
> I think you really must be mistaken.

Umm, it was a little while back, and definitely not a recent version of
htdig.... The offending stuff is on a machine at home, so I can't
immediately reference it. Must be time to upgrade again ;-)

David Robley                        | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
AusEinet                            |
            Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA