Re: [htdig] htdig / Suse 6.2: very long run ?

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig / Suse 6.2: very long run ?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 08:34:49 PDT

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> > Is there some support for parsing dvi and ps files ? dvi can be turned
> >into (ugly) text using dvi2ascii and there is a corresponding converter
> >for ps.
>
> I would check the conv_doc.pl script and plug in a dvi->txt
> converter. I believe it already handles PostScript files nicely.

You may also want to look at the new doc2html external converter, now
available on http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/parsers/ , as it should
make it easier to plug in new filters. It's also bundled in the contrib
files in 3.2.0b2. It has an advantage over parse_doc.pl and conv_doc.pl
in that it was written by someone who actually knows Perl, rather than
just hacking it like I did. :-P