Re: [htdig] Fwd: Help with "Missing Pages"

Subject: Re: [htdig] Fwd: Help with "Missing Pages"
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 08:25:14 PDT

According to Danny Summers:
> >I am new to htdig and having problems with it dropping or loosing
> >indexed pages on second or subsequent digs. I can trash the URL's
> >htdig databases, do a new run and everything is there, fully
> >searchable. The next scheduled run, it drops most of the indexed
> >pages and we're back to a very few pages being found on a search. I
> >have gone through as much documentation as possible, checked the
> >configs and still can't figure it out. Any ideas?

It would help to know what exactly is executed at "the next scheduled
run". I assume this is a cron job? Could you show us the crontab entry,
and the shell script that it runs? I assume it's a fairly straightforward
run of htdig followed by htmerge, but it might help to see exactly how
it's being run.