Re: [htdig] noindex_start but follow?

Subject: Re: [htdig] noindex_start but follow?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 14:22:42 PDT

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Brandon Bell wrote:

> I would like to wrap common header navigation code which appears on
> every page of my site with <!--htdig_noindex-->...<!--/htdig_noindex-->
> but still have htdig follow any links in this section of code. From the
> description quoted above though, this doesn't look possible.

It will completely skip over anything enclosed, links and all.

But before you complain and ask for a way to follow links, let me suggest
you add <LINK> tags to your headers. In addition to allowing you a way to
suggest other links for htdig to follow, they're standards-compliant and
are increasingly being used by browsers and robots a like for similar
purposes.