Re: [htdig] compiling 3.2b2 under Solaris

Subject: Re: [htdig] compiling 3.2b2 under Solaris
From: Chad Phillips (gphillip@aafp.org)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 13:19:20 PDT

I made some path changes. Now I can run configure. When I run make, it chugs along for a while then I get this error:

gcc -o db_stat -L/usr/local/lib db_stat.o err.o getlong.o libhtdb.a -lz -lthread
Making all in htlib
mksh: Fatal error in reader: = missing from replacement macro reference
Current working directory /export/home/gphillip/htdig-3.2.0b2/htlib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Any ideas? Do you think I still have my compiler set up wrong?
thanks
chad

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Chad Phillips wrote:

> checking for ssize_t... yes
> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling
> configure: error: ./configure failed for db/dist
>
> I can make 3.15 without any problems. Does anyone have any suggestions.

If you take a look further up your configure script, it will tell you that
the script thinks you have a cross-compiler. Are you using a compilare you
received as a binary package? Are you sure this compiler is for Solaris
2.6?