[htdig] Different ports - one search?

Subject: [htdig] Different ports - one search?
From: Paul Key (pkey@hcs.sghms.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 08:36:08 PDT

Hi

I have a set of webpages accessible to three different sets
of users.

Each user authenticates on a different port using multiple
apaches which all point at the same web pages.

e.g.
http://mydomain
http://mydomain:81
http://mydomain:82
http://mydomain:83

My HTDIG search uses the conf file with the start url of:

http://mydomain

If a user searches from a different port they get a search
result pointing to a page served on the searches conf port
- which is different to the port they authenticated to and
so they can't click on the search page and view it - they
get an authentication error.

Can I get around this without having a different search
form for each ports Apache and therefore more than one set
of webpages?

Thanks for your help,

Paul